[Udpcast] Using Windows version of UDPcast 201007012327.AYC 201007010756.AYC Re: 201007010035.AYC Re: 201005241607.AYC

Abraham Y. Chen AYChen at Avinta.com
Fri Jul 2 21:26:51 CEST 2010

  Dear Sumit:

1)    I am afraid that you are attempting to stretch UDPcast towards the
opposite direction of what is its original intention, that is, to
distribute update files to multiple client PCs in one shot. This is what
the counter in Sender is for.

2)    If there are 10 clients to receive update files, the Sender can
start the "batch" job once the counter has reached 10. On the other
hand, if one or more receivers failed to log in, the person in control
of the Sender can make a decision as whether to wait or to send update
files to those already logged in, leaving the last few to be dealt with
later in additional "batches".

3)    Looking for additional Receivers in the middle of broadcasting
files to those already logged in will demand for more processing power
from the Sender. With the procedure available in Pt. 2), this complexity
is not justifiable.

Hope my reasoning makes sense to you.

Regards,

Abe (2010-07-02, 12:25)