[Udpcast] Experiencing reproducible corruption when using udpcast-20090912

John Eisenman jice at wink.com
Wed Sep 16 04:21:20 CEST 2009


I'm new to udpcast and so may be doing something wrong.  However, I find
that with the latest two versions (udpcast-20090912 or
udpcast-20090830), I experience repeated file corruption.  I've had
better, but not perfect,  success with an old version (udpcast-20071228).

In order to test, I made an ordered file, 500MB in size:

cl6 tmp # ls -l test-52428800.dat
-rw-r--r-- 1 jice jice 524288000 Sep 15 17:52 test-52428800.dat
cl6 tmp # head -14 test-52428800.dat
000000000
000000001
000000002
000000003
000000004
000000005
000000006
000000007
000000008
000000009
000000010
000000011
000000012
000000013

I find that every time I send and receive a file, it is the correct
length.  However, certain data is missing and other data is repeated.  

Here is an example of my command line to send the data:

udp-sender --log udpcast.log --bw-period 1 --nokbd --min-receivers 1
--min-wait 5 --portbase 9010 -f test-52428800.dat --pointopoint

Here is my command line to receive data:

udp-receiver  -f test2 --nokbd --portbase 9010

I have test result files that I can provide if they would be helpful.

I am running under Gentoo on AMD64 processors.  I've tried under two
different kernels:

# uname -a
Linux cl7 2.6.20-gentoo-r8 #1 SMP PREEMPT Wed Aug 22 14:28:25 PDT 2007
x86_64 AMD Opteron(tm) Processor 246 AuthenticAMD GNU/Linux

# uname -a
Linux m231 2.6.30-gentoo-r4pb #2 SMP Thu Aug 27 18:41:51 PDT 2009 x86_64
Quad-Core AMD Opteron(tm) Processor 2374 HE AuthenticAMD GNU/Linux





More information about the Udpcast mailing list