[Udpcast] using async and pointopoint options together

Sel├žuk Cevher cevhers at gmail.com
Wed Sep 2 08:01:47 CEST 2009

> You can specify an address to use to listen for the HELLO packet
> (--mcast-rdv-address option), which itself will then contain a suggested
> address for the multicast transfer.

But there won't be any HELLO message coming from the sending side since the
sender is another application other than udp-sender. Does it mean that
sending side should provide HELLO messages with the same format as
udp-sender ?

> If your machine has more than one ethernet card, you may also pick which
> card to use using the -i option. This influences the unicast adress that
> the receiver uses.

As far as I know, by default, udp-receiver listens for its unicast address
as well. Is udp-receiver capable of listening every UDP packet coming to its
port numbered 9000 without expecting any HELLO message from the other side ?

Thanks.