[Udpcast] udpcast

Tine Mezgec tine.mezgec at upr.si
Thu May 7 17:17:32 CEST 2009

hi,

I have some problems with udpcast and quite a few computers using this network card:
01:0d.0 Ethernet controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL-8139/8139C/8139C+ (rev 10)
the right module for it is 8139too that I can use by doing:
/usr/lib/udpcast/makeImage -k vmlinuz-2.6.27.6udpcast -i initRd -m 8139too --fullbox
and if I boot with this kernel and initrd (using PXE) eth0 gets detected and seems to work (i can se a bunch of ethernet related messages on F6.
of course then nothing works becouse hdd is not available...
If I include modules for ata controller like this:
/usr/lib/udpcast/kernel# /usr/lib/udpcast/makeImage -k vmlinuz-2.6.27.6udpcast -i initRd -m libata ata_generic ata_piix 8139too --fullbox
Then even if I select 8139too when it asks me which module to use it complains that network is not available :(

Attached are results of lspci and lsmod commands on ubuntu installed on this machine.

LPT