[Udpcast] Problems With timeout of satellite transmission

Alain Knaff alain at knaff.lu
Fri Feb 27 16:40:55 CET 2009

Diego Zimmermann wrote:
> Hi guys,
> I'm using udp-sender to send an announce package and using udp-receiver
> inside of a C program in loop who stays checking for new announce packages.
> The announce package has no more then 1.5K
> The problem is, after some interactions, udp-receiver lock and stay quiet
> waiting for close the connection by sender, but the announce is complete
> inside the system.
> So, my question is, can I put a timeout in udp-receiver to close this
> connection if some defined time pass away?

Sorry, but in my opinion, this would not be a valid solution. Rather, try
to find out why it happens in the first place. Tcpdump may help with the
analysis.

Which command line options do you use? Does the problem also happen on a
LAN (with the same command-line parameters used). Does it only happen with
small files?