[Udpcast] embedding driver

Alain Knaff alain at knaff.lu
Wed Feb 11 16:36:24 CET 2009

Knight Samar wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The pre-build kernel for udpcast doesn't include driver for my network card
> hence all my pcs only boot up and can't accept ip address.
>
> How do I including the driver's .ko file in such a way that it is available
> for the kernel to use ?
> I tried the *files executables to be added to image* option in cast-o-matic,
> but that doesn't work.
>
> Please help!
>
> Thanks.
>
> Samar

This is option is for including user-mode executables (scripts, utilities),
no kernel-mode modules.

If you want to include additional modules, you need to set up udpcast with
a kernel that you compiled yourself (modules must match the exact kernel
version) according to the instructions at
http://udpcast.linux.lu/mkimagedoc.html#kernelCompile