[Udpcast] Network card Error

Darin MacLachlan dmaclachlan at hatsize.com
Tue Sep 23 23:04:32 CEST 2008

the network card has 192.168.9.254 associated to it,
it also has 9 virtual IP as well 192.168.0.254 thru 192.168.8.254.

I will try the strace option.

On 23-Sep-08, at 3:01 PM, Alain Knaff wrote:

Darin MacLachlan wrote:
> This was working and now it has stopped.
>
> Have a UDPcast server running on a HP DL360G5 with 4 NICS.  One
> connected to an internal infrastructure (eth2) and another connected
> to a dedicated switch with the client systems on the same switch
> (eth3).
>
> When i run the UDPcast send or receive, using the following command:
> udp-sender -f /home/base.udpc --interface eth3 --point-to-point --
> full-
> duplex --max-bitrate 600m --nokbd --portbase=9922 --min-receivers 1
> --
> rexmit-hello-interval 5000 --max-wait 300
>
> I get the following error message:
> Udp-sender 2007-03-23
> No suitable network interface found
> The following interfaces are available:
> 	lo	127.0.0.1
> 	eth2	10.46.0.251
> 	eth2:1	10.46.0.1
>
> Interestingly, an ifconfig show eth3 as a valid network adapter, but
> the udp-sender does not see the device.  This was working last week,
> and nothing has changed on the server
>
> I have tried everything, restarting DHCP, removing the interface and
> adding again.  Rebooted the server, restarted the network stack
> manually.  nothing seems to help.
>
> Using SUSE linux 10 as the base server OS.

You can only use a network card if an address is associated to it. Is
this the case? If so, which address does it have?

Could you also try running udp-sender under strace and send me the
output?