[Udpcast] kernel-udpcast-2.6.26.3-1.i586 not detecting nic

Scott Mikolyski scott at mikolyski.net
Sat Sep 20 04:18:10 CEST 2008

I have some more information on the error.  Instead of using a
pre-configured cast-o-matic initrd, I walked through the boot process
and at the step where the tg3 driver was loaded I received a kernel
message, part of it looks like this.

PCI: Setting latency timer of device ...
BUG: Unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference at 0000001c
IP: [<f8857057>]
*pde: 0002 [#1]
Modules linked in: tg3(+) ...

I don't know if it will but I hope this helps.