[Udpcast] kernel-udpcast-2.6.26.3-1.i586 not detecting nic

Scott Mikolyski skotay at byuh.edu
Fri Sep 19 23:48:29 CEST 2008

Hi,

I'm working with a pxe server to get workstations to boot from the
network.  I'm using the cast-o-matic boot image.

Everything works up until I get and error message "ifconfig:
SIOCSIFADDR: No such device"

Dropping to a shell, I type ifconfig and get nothing.  I think I should
be getting some nic information.

So it looks like to me that the network driver is not getting loaded.
I've selected different modules in cast-o-matic.  But I feel that it has
something to do with this version of the kernel.

Last month I had this setup working perfectly.  Since then, I've lost my
pxe server and need to recreate it.  Is it possible that this recent
change broke something?

Please help.  Thank you.