[Udpcast] incorrect documentation of --nosync flag?

Alain Knaff alain at knaff.lu
Thu Sep 11 20:03:24 CEST 2008

George Coulouris, MSD wrote:

Hello George, how's life? Sorry for the slow response, I've been
somewhat busy lately.

> http://udpcast.linux.lu/cmd.html states that --nosync is the default
> when writing to a file or a pipe, but this does not appear to be the
> case; I verified with strace that udp-receiver open()s its output
> file with O_SYNC unless you specify --nosync.

I just checked, the current version (20071228) on
http://udpcast.linux.lu does not exhibit the problem.

However, I noticed that for some weird reason (K)ubuntu, even 8.04
includes a very old version 20040531-1 which does indeed have the
problem that you describe.