[Udpcast] Changing computer names after broadcasting

Doug Dougherty Doug.Dougherty at qliktech.com
Mon Dec 1 22:05:29 CET 2008

Hello all,

I've never used UDPCast but I've been ask to come up with a solution to
image 20 computers at once in a training room.

I figured I could have one computer set as a server and all others set
to boot off the server, this way they would boot and receive only when
the server computer was powered on.

My problem is that each computer will have to have a unique name. If I
broadcast the same image over the network how can I change the computer
names without sitting at each individual computer, I'm trying to make
this completely automated.

Doug Dougherty