[Udpcast] Exiting udp-receiver or reboot machine after a certain amount of time without transfer activity -. NEW BUG

Gunner Poulsen gp at lyngbjerggaardskolen.dk
Wed Jan 31 16:09:55 CET 2007

On Tue, 30 Jan 2007 02:32:53 +0100, Alain Knaff wrote

> The new 20070129 version of udp-receiver now has a --start-timeout
> option, which allows to specify a timeout, in seconds within which
> the sender must send a rendez-vous packet, and then the first data packet.

There is a bug in this feature. if you don't add  --start-timeout xxxx under
"extra udpcast parameters" (or what it is cald) the recever exits right away
saying: "Recever error".
I don't know if the problem is that the recever dosen't work without it og is
the default value is set to 0 sek, but it is a very irritating bug

Greetings Gunner Poulsen

Ps. The new 2.6.19 kernel solved my r8169 problem :-)