[Udpcast] Problem cloning sata-disk

Detlef AƟmann d.assmann.hh at t-online.de
Thu Jan 18 00:30:11 CET 2007

Hello everybody,

cloning ata-disks worked beautifully with udp-cast  --- thank you
very much!
My problems started when I tried to clone machines using sata-disks.
According to the mainboard documentation a VIA-controller is used for
sata-disks on the third and fourth ide-device. But no matter which
optional sata-drivers I tried to include in udpast - I tried the
VIA-, Intel, and Marvell-drivers - udpcast can't autodetect my disk
and I can't figure out what to input as a device in the 'other'
section. Whatever I enter (I tried hda and sda) is followed by a
message that 'no such device' is present.
I'm stuck!
I hope I've provide enough information to be useful.
Many thanks in advance!

Detlef Assmann