[Udpcast] UDPcast and Broadcom 5787

Adrian Stewart astewart at iss.k12.nc.us
Mon Jan 15 20:26:27 CET 2007

Using UPDCast (CD Version) in a lab of 48 IBMs with SATA drives and
broadcom (5787) gigabit NICs.  I'm not sure why, but when I start a
group of machines the transfer process goes along at a slow pace of
54Mb.

The network is all Linksys 1GB switches. Why is the xfer rate so low?
I've used UDPcast with the tg3 driver in the same setup with xfer rate
upwards of 500Mb. This machine has USB only (keyboard and mouse). I
finally got the keybaord to work but the xfer is still slow.

I've downloaded Cast-0-matic (CD Version) hoping that would resolve the
xfer rate issue but to no avail. Please advise. I'm new to Linux/Unix
and dont know how to compile an image with the new driver from
Broadcom.com.

Thanks

Adrian Stewart
AStewart at iss.k12.nc.us