[Udpcast] How do I include a new NIC in udpcast?

Gunner Poulsen gp at lyngbjerggaardskolen.dk
Wed Jan 10 23:07:52 CET 2007

Hi friends

I am a Danish teacher using UDPcast to clone the workstations on the school. I
have used UDP-cast for several years and have been very happy about it.
Now we have upgraded our computer system with 22 new workstations - and then I
got my problem:

The machines network card is omboard end uses the linux module r1000. It is a
Realtek RTL8168/RTL8111.
Realtek have made a GPL driver:
http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=13&PFid=5&Level=5&Conn=4&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false

And I found a RPM for my Fedora core 6 that works perfectly at
http://rpm.pbone.net/index.php3/stat/4/idpl/3743377/com/dkms-r1000-1.05-1.noarch.rpm.html

But I can't use UDP-cast to clone the mashine. Now I have 2 questions:
1) Is there a way I can put the driver into UDPcast?
2) Are you planning to include a driver for my networkcard soon?

I hope you keep developing UDP-cast :-)

Good night
Gunner Poulsen