[Udpcast] Problem Multicasting Dell GX620s

D G Teed dteed at artistic.ca
Wed Jan 10 18:54:49 CET 2007

We have D620s from Dell.  I included the wireless support
module simply so we could grab the MAC from it for our
notebooks database (we run a wget in the busybox shell
against a web server CGI to send up this data before imaging).

In our case, the Linux kernel was crashing if the wireless
antenae was powered on (small switch on side of notebook),
so we made sure that switch was off prior to booting
the clients.

--Donald Teed