[Udpcast] Image Server

Diego . eljedi at gmail.com
Thu Feb 15 18:38:34 CET 2007

Hi again,

I used boot cd for updcast.

Yes, the new hdd in exactly the same size and have the same layout becouse i
used dd to get the same partition tables, and after that formated them.

But for now i only want to backup the boot partition, not the entirely hdd.
And i know the problem is on the backup method or file, becouse i have a
ghost image from the partiton and restored it without any problem, and
everything is fine.

If use the file make with udpcast, i get error checking filesystem ( chkdsk
). I'm don't blaming udpcast, becouse i know it's me the one don't know how
to do it.

Maybe the correct question is: is it possible to backup a partition, using
updcast, through a network and strore it on a file server? For your answears
i supose it is posible, wich steps you followed? or which option you use to
backup to a file and restore from a file?

Thanks!!