[Udpcast] Problem with SAS disk

D G Teed dteed at artistic.ca
Tue Apr 24 15:31:51 CEST 2007

You mention Fedora initrd.   I would stick with vanilla
kernel materials to work with this.  Alain provides
tools to generate kernel images and initrd files
besides cast-o-matic.  Have you looked at that?  There
is no need to mknod device files these days since
udev and 2.6 kernels dynamically generate /dev contents
as required by drivers.

Perhaps the challenge is, how do you get the LSI logic card
working with something other than Fedora?  Did the hardware
vendor only supply a binary module or do you see it supported
in the latest vanilla Linux kernels?

--Donald Teed