[Udpcast] Problem with SAS disk

Lasaro Camargos lasaro at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 09:57:18 CEST 2007

Hi all.

I am trying to clone a powerconnect 1435 using udpcast, but can't get it to
recognize my LSI Logic scsi disks with the cast-o-matic image.

I tried to create an initrd from the Fedora I have installed on one of the
nodes. The problem is then that not all modules are loaded at boot and, once
I load then by hand and see the scsi disk on /proc, I have no idea of how to
attach it at /dev

Shouldn't this be automatic? Or should I mknod the device?

I know this is not too specific to udpcast, but I've been out of the linux
world for sometime and am a bit lost here. Google wasn't very helpful
either.

Thanks in advance for any suggestion/help/hint/pointer.

lasaro