[Udpcast] Sata-modules

Wolfgang & Elke Schmid ewschmid at web.de
Wed Apr 11 20:12:47 CEST 2007

On Tuesday 27 March 2007 18:42:25 Wolfgang & Elke Schmid wrote:
> Am Montag, 26. März 2007 20:15 schrieb Wolfgang Schmid:
> > >
> > > I have a suspicion that your device is not actually ahci, but a
> > > different SATA chipset. Could you try downloading the full udpcd.iso
> > > (which includes _all_ drivers...) and check whether it proposes a
> > > different SATA module?
> > >
> > > The menu system usually works as follows: it checks the installed
> > > hardware, and if this hardware is compatible with modules on the CD,
> > > only these are listed, (but you can get the full list by clicking on
> > > Others). If none match, the full list is diplayed immediately. But so
> > > far the "full" list had an issue in that not all directories were
> > > scanned for modules. However, that is is now fixed in today's version
> > > (20070326), now the full list is really full.
> >
> > yea,  that was what i meant
> > maybe its running now...
> > I'll try tomorrow (i've no access to the machines now)
> > Regards

> > > Regards,
> > >
> > > Alain
>
> Heureka!
> Now it works:
> 1.: the module (ahci) is within the menue-list
> 2.: the partition table is read correctly
> 3.: cloning is still to be tested (tomorrow)!
> Today i tried other machines with little success - it stopped and
> disconnected after a few MBs - many re-xmits! - probably big cable trouble
> :-(
Everthing worked out fine!
I had to clone 3 different kind of PCs and it worked supurbly!

One important thing to mention:
Avoid connections to other machines (esp. servers) that don't have to be
cloned -
they can terribly slow down the cloning process (in my case ut was about the
factor 15!!!). When I happend to remove the cable it really worked great!!!
Best regards and many thanks
Wolfgang Schmid