[Udpcast] Windows and duped machine names

Kenneth MacDonald K.MacDonald at ed.ac.uk
Thu Sep 28 10:20:22 CEST 2006

You can bring down a sysprep'd image and write a sysprep.inf file
containing the name, network settings, etc. for Windows to read during
its minisetup.

See our stuff at http://pie.ucs.ed.ac.uk/pie-1.2/ and in particular
http://pie.ucs.ed.ac.uk/pie-1.2/bin/image-build-xp for how we do this,
optionally using udpcast (or http or CDROM) to fetch the actual image.

Cheers,

Kenny.

--
Desktop Services Team, EUCS, The University of Edinburgh.