[Udpcast] Windows and duped machine names

Yannick Gingras ygingras at ygingras.net
Wed Sep 27 23:20:12 CEST 2006

Hi I'm wondering if there is a way to set the machine name
automatically after the broadcast.  I heard that the last version of
Ghost do something like that.  For the GNU/Linux boxen I can autoset
the hostname from a small script in init.d.  I don't know much about
Windows networking.  Is the hostname in some file that we can write to
by just mounting the partition?  Do we have to mess with the registry?

All the boxes connect to a Samba PDC.  Can I copy the machine accounts
and let them share the SID?

--
Yannick Gingras