[Udpcast] HPDL360 and CCISS Kernel Module

Darin MacLachlan dmaclachlan at Hatsize.com
Thu Sep 14 19:12:06 CEST 2006

I've been struggling with a problem that originally i thought was due to the hardware and the driver, but not sure now.

I have compiled the kernel on the target machine with the latest CCISS driver preloaded in the kernel as the device needs to be loaded at boot.  I then create an new INITRD using the makeImage script.  Again all goes well.  I transfer the needed files to the tftp server and boot the test server.  The kernel download, the initrd is run, all appears to be going well.  The menu system loads and i step through the option all the way to the "Devices to be copied" screen.  The is nothing displayed there.  I access the shell (built with --fullbox option) and in the dev folder I have cciss!c0d0 not what I was expecting (cciss/c0d0).  The dmesg reports:
Compaq SMART2 Driver (v 2.6.0)
HP CISS Driver (v 2.6.10)
cciss: Device 0xb178 has been found at bus 0 dev 4 func 0
cciss: using DAC cycles
blocks= 71122560 block_size= 512
heads= 255, sectors= 32, cylinders= 8716

blocks= 71122560, block_size= 512
heads= 255, sectors= 32, cylinders= 8716

cciss/c0d0: p1 p2
Uniform Multi-Platform E-IDE driver Revision: 7.00alpha2

as the dmesg shows, the cciss module is being loaded.  When viewed using the shell, there appears to be a mix up with the displaying of the folder.

Any assistance would be appreciated.  I would like to be able to use UDPCast to replace an existing Opforce server.

Regards,

Darin MacLachlan
System Engineer
Hatsize Learning Corporation