[Udpcast] pxe images error

Alain Knaff alain at knaff.lu
Thu Sep 14 10:33:27 CEST 2006

Sara Nery wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm testing the pxe images on site to clone images, but it is bringing me this
> error on the receiver machine:
>
> "Warning: unable to open an inital console.
> Kernel panic - not syncing: No init found. Try passing init=option to kernel.
> "
> I'm using the same initrd and linux kernel on site.
>
> Sometime ago, I had the same error in a minilinux project I was working on.
> The problem was that I was using the busybox package instead of
> busybox-static. The busybox needs the glibc and the busyboox-static does not
> need. I wonder if this is the same error. Have anybody here passed the same
> problem?May somebody help me with this issue?
>
> Regards,
>
> Sara Nery
>
> ps - sorry for my poor english

Yes, the busybox shipped with udpcast is indeed statically linked. A
dynamic version does not work, unless you also include glibc into your
image.

If for whatever reason you want to compile your own busybox, you can
start with the patch at http://udpcast.linux.lu/20060619/busybox.diff.gz
. This contains not only the changes to integrate udpcast and lzop into
busybox, but also two configuration files config.mini and config.maxi,
which specify all configuration choices, including static compilation.