[Udpcast] Kernel rebuild

Alain Knaff alain at knaff.lu
Wed Sep 13 13:01:14 CEST 2006

Darin MacLachlan wrote:
> [...] When I use the makeImage script, I alway run into an [LF by AK]
> error where the script is building the modules from the [LF by AK]
> old 2.6.16.18updcast folder and not the 2.6.16.20udpcast folder [LF by AK]
> where the modules are located.

You can pick the kernel using the -k flag.
For example, if you prefer the 2.6.16.20 kernel, do:

makeImage -k /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.16.20udpcast ...

N.B. The script is *not* building the modules, it rather expects them to
already be present in /lib/modules/2.6.16.20udpcast beforehand.
You can do that by calling "make modules_install" in your kernel source
directory before calling makeImage

P.S. When sending mails, please watch your line lengths. Most people
read their mails in a 80 character-wide window, and using longer lines
makes it inconvenient for them to read your mails or reply to them. Thanks