[Udpcast] copy more than one device

Jens Breuer breuer.jens at googlemail.com
Wed Sep 13 10:43:38 CEST 2006

> Hi,

Hi Dieter,

> is there a possibility to copy several devices instead of one.
>
> I would like to copy /dev/hda1 /dev/hda2 and /dev/hda3 but not /dev/hda4.
> In the online tool I can't find anything to do this.

As far as I know you can use UDPCAST to broadcast/multicast exactly
one file/device.
I don't know which method you use for imaging the machines, but if you
use the PXE-method it should be easy to set up some kind of batch-job
that does the imaging in three steps. But that means that you would
need three initrd-images, one for each partition you want to image.

One different (and maybe more clever) thing that comes to mind is to
use the "Other commands to be executed after transfer"-option in
cast-o-matic to execute another two set-up-by-hand
udp-sender/udp-receiver processes that will be responsible for
/dev/hda2 and /dev/hda3.

Anyway, you will end up with 3 image files - one for each partition.

Please keep us informed on how you solved your issue. :-)

> Kind regards
> Dieter

Kind regards and greetings from Saarland
Jens