[Udpcast] Timeout , notAnswered, notReady

Mike Drew drewm at sonoma.edu
Sat Apr 29 04:07:54 CEST 2006

Thanks for your response, I think I encountered one of the "slow" machines
today  while I was running some tests. I guess there are just some slow
ones in every group.

I met with some network analysts from my university today and they
explained how since the network is operating on a mixed CGMP/IGMPv2
environment multicasts are sometimes flaky. So, now that I may have found
a source of the problem my question is if any has any experience using
udpcast in a mixed environment, and if so what steps they took to make
udpcast more reliable. And also if there is a version of udpcast that uses
IGMPv2 rather than IGMPv3.

Thank you,
Mike