[Udpcast] Timeout , notAnswered, notReady

Mike Drew drewm at sonoma.edu
Fri Apr 28 05:50:39 CEST 2006

Hello everyone,

I recently started using udpcast and so far am very impressed. I am
however having a problem. When I try to udpcast to 5 clients, 1-3
typically give an error similar to the following:

Timeout notAnswered=[2,3,4] notReady=[2,3,4] nrAns=2 nrRead=2 nrPart=5
avg=10152

I've tried adjusting the transmission speed, multicast addresses, starting
the clients before the server or vise-versa. So far it appears to be
random which clients decide to "answer" and be "ready". Sometimes they all
work, sometimes 4 work, sometimes only 1 works, etc.

the lab I am working in is connected though a cisco 4006. From what I have
read cisco uses a proprietary IGMP implementation (called CGMP), could
this be a cause of some of the problems I am having?

If anyone has any insight into this problem please reply.

Thank you,
Mike