[Udpcast] Default boot not recognizing kb

Alain Knaff alain at knaff.lu
Tue Apr 4 16:17:03 CEST 2006

abarkley at jamadots.com wrote:
> I downloaded your CD image and it worked fine until I used it on a pc with a
> USB keyboard. These PCs are in the lab I am trying the program  on. Do I need
> to compile my own image using my own kernal? I am using debian 3.1 and cannot

Sorry for the slow reply.

In the meantime (since 20060312), udpcast does support USB keyboards.
This is supported in the full images (for PXE, CD-Rom, ...) but not for
floppy due to space constraints.

 > find the required files as specified by the -k switch.

No special flag is needed.

However, if you build your own image using the makeImage script, just be
sure to include the usbkbd, uhci-hcd and ohci-hcd modules.

Cast-o-matic (as of today) already includes these 3 modules, even for floppy.