[Udpcast] Speed and number issues

D Teed dteed at artistic.ca
Wed Jun 29 19:54:41 CEST 2005

On the client machine, go to a virtual terminal and
check for status information on the ethernet.
There should be a VT which allows a small shell
busybox session.  You can use it to test ifconfig or
to a ping to the udp-sender machine and see if the
network went down for that client.

The numbers you are talking about are not a problem for udpcast.
I believe Alain mentioned a site that had around 400 clients at once.
The problems may be network or kernel related.  If you are
using 2.6 now, does 2.4 work OK?

It is not really related, but in my own benchmark testing,
I've found the IDE performance of 2.6 kernel sucks.  Alan Cox
thinks 2.6 ide driver is a mess:

http://kerneltrap.org/node/5062

--Donald Teed