[Udpcast] Automatic reboot and DHCP-timeout

Michael D. Setzer II mikes at kuentos.guam.net
Tue Jun 28 16:23:46 CEST 2005

Busybox is a box, but what is in the box is determined when it is
built. You can make symbolic links to busybox, but it the applet is
not in the busybox it doesn't work. If you run buxybox by itself, it will
show what applets are installed. You can also run these by typing
buxybox command. With the floppy build busybox doesn't include
reboot.

The ipmac is just a text file that contains the mac address and the ip
address. If you use the web config option at the web site, you then
just browser to the file, and it gets included in the build.

Here is the text from the second part of creating the image.

Upload an IP-Mac file (for automatically assigning IP addresses
without a Dhcp server)?
The file should be a set of lines with the Mac address to the left
hand side , and the IP address at the right side
Example:
00:50:56:40:42:bd 10.1.2.3
00:50:56:40:42:aa 10.1.2.4
With an IP-Mac file, you should chose UseDhcp=no, you should not
enter an IP address, but you need to enter a netmask.