[Udpcast] udpcast scalability?

Gary Skouson Gary.Skouson at pnl.gov
Mon Dec 13 22:27:51 CET 2004

We've been able to successfully udpcast to hundreds of clients pretty
consistently.  When we've run into problems, it's usually been some problem
with the network.  The command from the server end looks something like:

./udpcast/udp-sender --max-wait 60 \
    --min-wait 20 --min-clients 70 \
    --pipe ./tarScript --interface eth0 \
    --max-bitrate 200M --nokbd \
    --mcast-addr 225.0.0.15 --full-duplex --nopointopoint  \
    --fec 16x4/128

I've seen over 400 clients connect at the same time
-----
Gary Skouson