[Udpcast] "--full-duplex" option in cast-o-matic initrd images

Alain Knaff alain at knaff.lu
Sun Jan 31 00:30:59 CET 2010

Tom Carpenter wrote:
> Jens, et al,
>
> Careless reading on my part.
>
> Sorry to revisit this. Do you know if udp-receiver is configured
> to only use half-duplex mode? If so, why have a "--full-duplex"
> option for udp-sender if udp-receiver can only operate in
> half-duplex mode?
>
> A related question: do the --full-duplex/--half-duplex options
> configure udp-sender's behavior, the network adapter, or both?

The full-duplex mode only configures udp-sender's behavior (whether it
sends out more data packets while waiting for the acknowledgement of the
previous slice or not).

So, this is an option that's only relevant on the sender.

I've changed cast-o-matic so that you can now enter options which only
apply to the receiver, or only to the sender