[Udpcast] "--full-duplex" option in cast-o-matic initrd images

Tom Carpenter tomc at bio.umass.edu
Fri Jan 29 20:46:49 CET 2010

Jens, et al,

Careless reading on my part.

Sorry to revisit this. Do you know if udp-receiver is configured
to only use half-duplex mode? If so, why have a "--full-duplex"
option for udp-sender if udp-receiver can only operate in
half-duplex mode?

A related question: do the --full-duplex/--half-duplex options
configure udp-sender's behavior, the network adapter, or both?

Jens Breuer wrote:
> Hello Tom,
>
> this is only partially true.
> The section indeed begins with
> "The following networking options should be supplied both on the
> sender and the receivers:"
> But if you read on further you'll find
> "The following networking options should be supplied only on the sender:"
> right before the explanation of --mcast-data-address which is in the
> same block as --full-duplex.
>
> I would agree that this is not well highlighted in the documentation.
>
> To be honest I am not sure if I explicitly used --full-duplex in the
> past (and now) so I am probably not of much help for the question of
> autonegotioation.
>
> Kind regards
> Jens
>
> On Tue, Jan 19, 2010 at 9:53 PM, Tom Carpenter <tomc at bio.umass.edu> wrote:
>> Jens,
>>
>> Yes, I did try to use "--full-duplex" as an option for a
>> 'receiver' image. Based my reading of the information on
>> this page

>> http://udpcast.linux.lu/cmd.html
>>
>> Networking options
>>
>> The following networking options should be supplied both
>> on the sender and the receivers:
>>
>> --full-duplex
>>
>> and
>>
>> --half-duplex