[Udpcast] Problem with Hitachi hard disk in 20091230 and posible before

Tom Carpenter tomc at bio.umass.edu
Thu Jan 14 15:49:31 CET 2010

Assuming this is a SATA drive do you know if the laptops'
BIOS supports running the SATA controller in AHCI mode?
If you can enable that in the BIOS and use UDP Cast's AHCI
SATA driver are you then able to see the drive? If you weren't
aware of this, if you decide to configure the SATA controllers
to run in AHCI mode you may have to rebuild any disk images
that were originally prepared with the controllers set to
operate in IDE mode; as I understand it you'll run into
problems in Windows if you change the operating mode of the
controller after installation of the OS.

Gunner Poulsen wrote:
> Dear friends
> I use UDP-cast in my work as administrator on a school. It has worked
> brilliant for years :-)
> Now we have got 35 new labtops that I have to clone. But UDP-Cast can't find
> the harddisk :-(
> The hard discs are: ATA Hitachi hts542525k9sa00
> UDP-cast just comes up with OTHER as harddisk partions to clone.
> Can anyone help?
> I beleve it is a fault in the driver.
>
> Med venlig hilsen Gunner Poulsen
> Lærer på http://www.lyngbjerggaardskolen.dk