[Udpcast] Trouble with connection

m.forster m.forster at advanced-business-solutions.de
Mon May 5 09:59:41 CEST 2008

Hi all,

we have some trouble with establishing a connection over different
VLANs.

The server (sender) is located in one VLAN (10.199.248.0/24) and the
clients (receiver) are located in 10.120.150.0/24.

Between the VLANs work 2 routers (Cisco equipement, Switches are Cisco,
too), but i can't see a connection when i start the sender.

We use an PXE image to boot-up, the server is running under Ubuntu 6.06.
Multicasting between the VLANs is enabled.

I think this is a problem with broadcasting. Does anyone know what we
have to do? I tried already the ttl option, connection

was found but the transfer did not start. I get directly a timeout and
he can't transfer anything.

Thanks in advance for an quick answer!

regards,

Markus Forster