[Udpcast] Option --full-duplex

Alain Knaff alain at knaff.lu
Thu May 10 19:07:06 CEST 2007

Bruno Sampayo wrote:
> Hi,
>     I use the udpcast to send packages to many clients (udp-receiver).
> So my udp-receiver  command line is:
> #udp-receiver --interface tap0  --nokbd --file U2.wmv
>
> Sender line is:
> #udp-sender --nopointopoint --interface tap0 --log logudp --nokbd
> --autostart 5 --file U2.wmv --full-duplex
>
> My udp-receiver has two kinds of connection: satellite
> links(low-latency) and local links (high-latency).

Just one small note (but maybe this is a typo?), satellite links are
usually high latency (unless LEO), whereas local links have lower latency.

> So Could I use the option --fullduplex on udp-sender line?

That would be --full-duplex

For satellite links, especially geostationary satellites, you really
want --async and --fec

That way, no return traffic at all is needed, and the high latency of
the satellite link no longer matters.