[Udpcast] UDPcast sender freezes

Silvio Bandeira silviobandeira at gmail.com
Fri Mar 23 15:55:30 CET 2007

On 3/23/07, Gunner Poulsen <gp at lyngbjerggaardskolen.dk> wrote:
> Dear friends - I have a problem.
>
> My UDP-cast is working very vell from PXE (that's not the problem). The
> problem is that after a while 2 - 30 GB it surdently freezes and I can't get
> in touch with the mashine via the keyboard or anything. And the cloning-proces
> stops. I  worked at is the whole night the other day (to 4 morning), but it
> keeps doing it.
> First I used a version 2 month old, then I updatet to the newest at that time
> (20070306) but is kept apering. I use no command-line-options and it is a
> switch with 20 mashines.
>
> Any sugestions about what could be wrong?
>
> Med venlig hilsen Gunner Poulsen
> Lærer på http://www.lyngbjerggaardskolen.dk
> Magnus' far!

It has happened to me.
In my case, one of the machine had a bad HD. When it reaches the
failing sector all the process hangs. If you can identify the machine
just shut it down and after a while the others continue. If not, you
can use binary search clonning half the machines and so on.
Not sure if its the same problem in your case...

--
Silvio Bandeira