[Udpcast] Exiting udp-receiver or reboot machine after a certain amount of time without transfer activity

Jens Breuer breuer.jens at googlemail.com
Tue Oct 24 14:30:04 CEST 2006

Hello,

I am curious whether there is an commandline option which could
instruct udp-receiver to exit after a certain amount of time without
any udp-sender activity or generally when the transfer process doesn't
start.
At least I could not find anything in the documents.

We use udpcast together with PXE-boot and sometimes some machines are
simply not responding to the sender (why is yet unclear). After
manually restarting the machines it is usually the case that the
machines to be imaged are responding again and everything is well.
Unfortunately it could be the case that there are machines to be
imaged which are placed in locked rooms and so it is impossible to
restart them manually.

Regards
Jens