[Udpcast] errors with --merge

Mycah Mattox mdm at spain.d8i.com
Tue Mar 7 23:59:18 CET 2006

> Mycah Mattox wrote:
> > ignoring '/lib/modules/2.6.14.4udpcast' (lstat failed)
> > Kversion=2.6.14.4udpcast
> > Using ramdisk 01:00
>
> Maybe an installation problem of the udpcast kernel. Did you install
> from RPM, or compile the kernel yourself?
> When compiling yourself, don't forget to do 'make modules_install'
>
> Alain

I was using the kernel located at http://udpcast.linux.lu/20051223/linux,
I did not realize for the merge command, I needed the sources.

Using the merge, is it rebuilding the entire initrd from the sources, and
not really adding a file to an existing initrd?

With the sources, I'm able to complete the build with no errors while
building using kernel-udpcast-2.6.14.4-1.i586.rpm and the above mentioned
kernel linked.

Now the initrd went from 822172 to 3786015 (both bzipped) and when booting
to the image, I get "Warning: unable to open an initial console."  I see
no other errors while scrolling through the displayed text.

Am I totally messing this up by using the pxe kernel?  Should I be
modifying the /lib/modules/2.6.14.4udpcast sources?

I used the same command line as the previous message to build this.

Am I doing something horribly wrong?

Thanks for your help.  It's a great app.

Mycah