[Udpcast] Trouble with a 3com-812 router

Paco Cruz erpaco at ptvtelecom.com
Wed Jun 14 10:26:14 CEST 2006

Hello all

I a have setup udpcast in a classroom at a Secondary School to
distribute CDs and whole directorie trees, and it works like a charm,
except for a minor nuissance.

Everytime I want to use udpcast I have to disconnect from the 3com-812
router that serves as a gateway.

When I try to send anything with the gateway connected there is an
extremely low transmission with errors el al. As soon as I disconnect
the router the throughput goes up to 70-90 Mbps.

Does anybody have any hint?

Thank you all

--
Saludos

Paco Cruz

"If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange these apples
then you and I will still each have *one* apple.

But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange these ideas,
then each of us will have *two* ideas."
                                              George Bernad Shaw
Si tu tienes una manzana y yo tengo una manzana, y las intercambiamos,
entonces tu y yo aun tendremos *una* manzana.

Pero si tu tienes una idea y yo tengo una idea e intercambiamos esas
ideas, entonces cada uno de nosotros tendra *dos* ideas.
                                                  George Bernard Shaw