[Udpcast] Finding the slowpoke machine when ID numbers scroll away

Alain Knaff alain at knaff.lu
Sat Jul 15 22:17:34 CEST 2006

D G Teed wrote:

> We have a bunch of notebooks to image and the guys
> aren't willing to wait for the occassional messed up
> notebook to image if it is dragging all of the others
> down.  When one is showing as missing packets continually,
> they want to disconnect it and carry on with the others.
>
> The problem is that with a recent version of udpcast we
> are noticing that there are many "Press any key to start"
> messages filling the screen of each client, so we can't
> see what node number a client is.
>
> Is there any way to either:
>  - eliminate the high number of repeated "press any key" appearances
>    on the clients, or
>  - get the node id of the udpcast client from the client
>    console, or associate its udpast node number with an IP.

Something looks odd there. I just checked myself: in normal
circumstances, the receivers only display a single "press any key"
message (tested with the 20060619 version)

Which command line options are you using? Could it be that the server is
being restarted while clients have alreayd been connected to it?