[Udpcast] Automatic reboot and DHCP-timeout

D Teed dteed at artistic.ca
Tue Jun 28 20:12:42 CEST 2005

I recall that there was one Cisco switch we used in testing
that caused warnings about RX/TX flow control.  We eventually learned
it was something that could be managed at the switch or by the
NIC, but not both.  I seem to remember hearing that a
piece of Cisco software on the switch could address the issue.
But instead we switched to a cheap switch without any management and
that enabled better performance.

I don't recall dealing with cpio before, but perhaps I did once
and then did further development with basic initrd images afterwards.

--Donald Teed