[Udpcast] Automatic reboot and DHCP-timeout

D Teed dteed at artistic.ca
Tue Jun 28 14:41:55 CEST 2005

I don't know about the Cisco switch aspect, but we had
a similar problem with buggy tg3 ethernet device drivers
which sounds similar.  Our solution was to use ipappend 1
at the head of the default file for the udpcast PXE boot.
This forces it to reuse the initial DHCP address rather than
request it again.  The other thing that might be helpful
is the command line option --rexmit-hello-interval for
udp-sender.  You might also want to experiment with starting
the receivers or udp-sender first and see if one works better
for you.

The reboot should be possible by making a udpreceiver.post
shell script within your image.  Busybox includes a reboot command,
which may work for you.

--Donald Teed