[Udpcast] udpcast gzip and lzop

Thomas Kuehling thomas.kuehling at mapsolute.com
Tue Dec 27 16:40:44 CET 2005

Hi,

On Tue, 2005-12-27 at 11:04 -0400, D Teed wrote:
> Hello,
>
> In udpcast it is normal to get some "timeout not answered"
> when the receiving buffer is full and the bottleneck is
> on the compression or write to disk.  It just means the
> sender wanted to provide more data and the receiver
> couldn't handle it at that second.

i know, but at one point, i'll get only TimeOuts, the HDDs where i want
to mirror to are working and then the i got an error. At the moment, i
couldn't get more information, because the point of the abort is
sporadic.

> However the other errors are more significant and cause
> real failure.  I'd try another client machine and see if
> the same happens, or boot up a Linux rescue disk/CDROM
> of some sort and try a memory testing program to see if that
> part of the hardware is reliable when pushed for 30 minutes
> or more.

If i could help you, message me please. I am back at office on the 2nd
of January and try to rebuild the szenario.