[Udpcast] udpcast gzip and lzop

D Teed dteed at artistic.ca
Tue Dec 27 16:04:32 CET 2005

Hello,

In udpcast it is normal to get some "timeout not answered"
when the receiving buffer is full and the bottleneck is
on the compression or write to disk.  It just means the
sender wanted to provide more data and the receiver
couldn't handle it at that second.

However the other errors are more significant and cause
real failure.  I'd try another client machine and see if
the same happens, or boot up a Linux rescue disk/CDROM
of some sort and try a memory testing program to see if that
part of the hardware is reliable when pushed for 30 minutes
or more.

--Donald Teed