[Udpcast] udpcast gzip and lzop

Pierre CANAL pierre.canal at gmail.com
Tue Dec 27 12:25:49 CET 2005

Hello,

I use udpcast for test. I make and image of /home with or without
compression perfectly.
But when I want to send image , if there is no compression it's Ok (some
timeout notAnswered[0]...but finally it's ok)
When  I use lzop or gzip, I get an error sometimes on the sender, sometimes
on the sender :
I have a lot of
Timeout notAnswered=[0} notReady=[0] nrAns=0 nrReady=0 nrPart=1 avg=8121 and
so on...

Dropping client because of timeout lzop <stdin> checksum error...
or invalid operand PREEMPT and crash server ! process udp-sender Stack ...
Call Trace ...
or Gzip stop Bad EIPvalue SIGSEGV ....
And strange thing ..
With no compression the speed is 80Mbps
with lzop 20 Mbps
with gzip 7Mbps

My CPU is an Athlon 2400+ (not so bad), I use kernel 2.6.8 on a Debian
Sarge.

Any ideas ?

Thanks

Pierre