[Udpcast] Problems while creating an own pxe kernel and initrd

Thomas Kuehling thomas.kuehling at mapsolute.com
Fri Dec 16 18:04:35 CET 2005

Am Freitag, den 16.12.2005, 12:56 -0400 schrieb D Teed:
> Was writ:
> > That sounds good, but how do you mount the bunzip2ed initrd? When i do
> > mount initrd.out /mnt -o loop, mount asked my after the filesystem.
>
> mv initrd.out initrd.bz2
> bunzip initrd.bz2
>
> Then mount it as you tried to.
>
> You might also need support for the file system and initrd in your
> kernel used by whatever machine you do this development work on.

I got it on another way running. I extracted the default initrd for pxe.
Then i build an own kernel with initramfs and this directory. Now i am
able to add my own stuff, build the kernel and could easily boot this
kernel via pxe.

Thanks all a lot for help and creating this nice tool! ;-)

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Thomas Kühling

--
Mapsolute Gmbh - Techn. Administration - TK2325-RIPE
Düsseldorfer Straße 40a - 65760 Eschborn/Frankfurt a.M. - Germany