[Udpcast] Problems while creating an own pxe kernel and initrd

D Teed dteed at artistic.ca
Thu Dec 15 22:01:39 CET 2005

Hi,

You didn't say how you booted (floppy, cdrom, network),
and this is important for anyone to be able to give specific
instructions to you.

If you are booting over PXE network boot, then this sounds
like a problem in your defaults file.  Make sure you have
included the append line which references the new init

e.g.:

default 1
label 1
   kernel vmlinuz-2.4.20-12.i586
   append load_ramdisk=1 ramdisk_size=16384 initrd=initrd root=/dev/ram0

This initrd should be in the same location as the Linux kernel file.

--Donald Teed