[Udpcast] Problems with udpcast in combination with a fileserver

Michael D. Setzer II mikes at kuentos.guam.net
Mon Dec 12 13:22:31 CET 2005

Storing images on an ext3 partition should not make a difference
from what I can tell. I have written the last thru versions of g4l, and it
does exactly that. It uses dd with compression and then ftping it to
the server. I've even used the images created with g4l with udpcast.
I do note that when restoring an image to different drive, it has
problems if the heads / sector ratio is not exactly the sime. The
layout of the server that stores the image doesn't matter.

I generally use g4l to create my images, and store them on a system
with two 250GB drives, but then use udpcast to image the one
system to the other 19 machines in the lab.